Guest Lecture by Dr. Sanjay Patro, Professor (Marketing) – XLRI Jamshedpur about “Fundamentals of Marketing & Evolution of its concepts”
Date: 30th June 2017
Facilitated by the IBA Marketing Forum, the students of IBA were enlightened by Dr. Sanjay Patro, Professor – XLRI, Jamshedpur who took a session to empower them with knowledge about “Fundamentals of Marketing and evolution of its concepts”.
Dr. Sanjay‘s discussion with students included important topics like:
- Marketing basics like 4Ps of Marketing, PESTEL concept, Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- How Digital revolution has changed the focus of Marketing efforts
- How the concepts have changed with change in mindsets, modernization and evolution of society
- The slow but remarkable shift across industries from “Profit first” to “Customer first”
Towards the end, Dr. Sanjay advised students to embrace the fact that without proper personal marketing, even getting a job is going to be impossible, hence preparations should start now itself so that by the end of 2 years each and every one of them is a distinct marketable product.
Guest Lecture by Ms. Anjana K R, General Manager (HR) – Tata Consultancy Services about “IT Industry, Analytics and the future ahead”
Date: 27th June 2017
The students of IBA had an interactive session with Ms. Anjana K R, General Manager (HR), Mr. Strafford Fernanndes, HR Specialist (Campus Recruitment), and Mr. Benjin Samuel, – Tata Consultancy Services who enlightened them about “IT Industry, Analytics and the future ahead”.
Mr. Anjana discussed and interacted with students over important topics like:
- Turnaround among industries with the rise of Analytics and its implications
- What changes the IT industry has undergone in the past decade
- Skill sets that are looked for in fresher MBAs, specially by IT industry
- The desirable learning curve of an MBA across industries and in IT industry
Ms. Anjana also shared with the students her professional journey and how she moved up the corporate ladder with various assignments, different partners and in distinct markets. She also advised students to take life always one step at a time (with the ultimate goal as a target of course!) and never shy from challenges whatever they may be. The session came to an end with students thanking Ms. Anjana for taking out time from her schedule to impart knowledge and information unto them.
Guest Lecture by Mr. Raja Sameer Nandan M, Vice President (HR) – Voonik on the topic “People aspect in Start-ups”
Date: 26th June 2017
The students of IBA were enlightened by Mr. Raja Sameer Nandan M, Vice President (HR) – Voonik who took a session to empower them with knowledge about “People aspect in Start-ups”.
Mr. Sameer‘s discussion with students included important topics like:
- Start-up culture, what to expect from them and what they expect from you as an employee
- How start-ups operate, the people aspect
- Funding that start-ups receive, types and what it really means
- What start-ups put as first priority – Money or People?
Towards the end, Mr. Sameer advised students to focus on empowering their true nature because not everyone’s nature is a fit for start-up culture and some won’t fit in the culture of an established business. With that the informative session came to an end as the students expressed their gratitude unanimously.
Date: 22 nd – 23 rd June, 2016
Garuda Polyflex Foods Pvt. Ltd., Jigani Link Road, Bangalore
Prof. Gourish and Prof. Nandeesh along with students of 2016 – 18 batch went to visit the factory of Garuda Polyflex Foods Pvt. Ltd. built at Jigani Link Road, Bangalore. The visit was a first of its kind for the students and helped them experience & understand the processes of production in an FMCG factory.
The students were given the tour inside the Production as well as the Packaging area and were briefed about the Process, Machinery, Packaging, Quality and Marketing. Prior to this, students were also given company introduction as well as a brief about the product range.
In the end, everyone was provided a new product sample and were also asked for an individual feedback.
“I3” (Institute Industry Interface) Committee launch on 30th July 2014