Category Archives: Guest Lecture
Guest Lecture by Dr. Sanjay Patro, Professor (Marketing) – XLRI Jamshedpur about “Fundamentals of Marketing & Evolution of its concepts”
Date: 30th June 2017
Facilitated by the IBA Marketing Forum, the students of IBA were enlightened by Dr. Sanjay Patro, Professor – XLRI, Jamshedpur who took a session to empower them with knowledge about “Fundamentals of Marketing and evolution of its concepts”.
Dr. Sanjay‘s discussion with students included important topics like:
- Marketing basics like 4Ps of Marketing, PESTEL concept, Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- How Digital revolution has changed the focus of Marketing efforts
- How the concepts have changed with change in mindsets, modernization and evolution of society
- The slow but remarkable shift across industries from “Profit first” to “Customer first”
Towards the end, Dr. Sanjay advised students to embrace the fact that without proper personal marketing, even getting a job is going to be impossible, hence preparations should start now itself so that by the end of 2 years each and every one of them is a distinct marketable product.
Guest Lecture by Ms. Anjana K R, General Manager (HR) – Tata Consultancy Services about “IT Industry, Analytics and the future ahead”
Date: 27th June 2017
The students of IBA had an interactive session with Ms. Anjana K R, General Manager (HR), Mr. Strafford Fernanndes, HR Specialist (Campus Recruitment), and Mr. Benjin Samuel, – Tata Consultancy Services who enlightened them about “IT Industry, Analytics and the future ahead”.
Mr. Anjana discussed and interacted with students over important topics like:
- Turnaround among industries with the rise of Analytics and its implications
- What changes the IT industry has undergone in the past decade
- Skill sets that are looked for in fresher MBAs, specially by IT industry
- The desirable learning curve of an MBA across industries and in IT industry
Ms. Anjana also shared with the students her professional journey and how she moved up the corporate ladder with various assignments, different partners and in distinct markets. She also advised students to take life always one step at a time (with the ultimate goal as a target of course!) and never shy from challenges whatever they may be. The session came to an end with students thanking Ms. Anjana for taking out time from her schedule to impart knowledge and information unto them.
Guest Lecture by Mr. Raja Sameer Nandan M, Vice President (HR) – Voonik on the topic “People aspect in Start-ups”
Date: 26th June 2017
The students of IBA were enlightened by Mr. Raja Sameer Nandan M, Vice President (HR) – Voonik who took a session to empower them with knowledge about “People aspect in Start-ups”.
Mr. Sameer‘s discussion with students included important topics like:
- Start-up culture, what to expect from them and what they expect from you as an employee
- How start-ups operate, the people aspect
- Funding that start-ups receive, types and what it really means
- What start-ups put as first priority – Money or People?
Towards the end, Mr. Sameer advised students to focus on empowering their true nature because not everyone’s nature is a fit for start-up culture and some won’t fit in the culture of an established business. With that the informative session came to an end as the students expressed their gratitude unanimously.
Interaction with Dr. Michael Zirkler (Zurich university) and Dr. Yung Pin Lu (Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
Date: 30th August 2016
It was an enlightening session by Dr. Michael Zerkler, Head of Section, Organisation Development & Consulting – Zurich University of Applied Sciences and Dr. Yung Pin Lu, Director, Leadership Development Programme – Shanghai Jiao Tong University, who in spite of their busy schedules came to IBA and interacted with the students.
It was an enlightening session where they informed students of the various approaches followed in Switzerland and China in the Education system, Economic issues, Government policies, etc.
Guest Lecture by Ms. Rajeswari Santhanam, Associate Director (Tax) – Grant Thorton and Mr. Divyang Trivedi, Manager (Tax) – Grant Thorton on the topic “Career choices and Career in Tax”
Date: 30th June 2016
It was an informative lecture by Ms. Rajeswari Santhanam, Associate Director (Tax) – Grant Thorton and Mr. Divyang Trivedi, Manager (Tax) – Grant Thorton, who made room in their busy schedule to come down to IBA and interact with students over “Career choices and Career in Tax.”
Ms. Rajeswari and Mr. Divyang initiated the session by discussing with students the facts, based on which they should make career choices. They also briefed students a little about Grant Thorton’s Tax services. They then went on with the core of the session and educated students about important topics like:
- Tax Industry overview
- Why is Tax collected
- Origin & Types of Taxes
- Reason behind jobs in Tax industry
- Qualities of a person in Tax industry
- Benefits & Rewards of a Career in Tax
- Myths & Realities about a Career in Tax
Towards the end there was a Q & A session also, in which students asked some very impressive questions about Union Budget, Tax planning and other questions regarding the Tax industry which both Ms. Rajeswari and Mr. Divyang answered amicably and comprehensively.
“Basics of Auditing” – Guest Lecture by Mr. Sadasiva Sarma D, Associate Director (Audit) – Grant Thorton and Mr. Maneesh Chandra Verma, Manager (Audit) – Grant Thorton
Date: 29th June 2016
It was an informative lecture by Mr. Sadasiva Sarma D, Associate Director (Audit) – Grant Thorton and Mr. Maneesh Chandra Verma, Manager (Audit) – Grant Thorton, who in spite of their busy schedule came to IBA and took a session over “Basics of Auditing.”
Mr. Sadasiva and Mr. Maneesh started off the session briefing students about Grant Thorton and the work culture followed there. They then went on with the core of the session and educated students about important topics like:
- Why is Auditing done – Need, Advantages & Regulations
- Audit Industry overview
- Definition & Types of Audit
- Role of an Auditor
- Auditing stages
- Qualities of an Auditor
Towards the end there was a Q & A session also, in which students asked lot of doubts and queries they had regarding the Auditing industry as well as the Financial Consulting industry on the whole which both Mr. Sadasiva and Mr. Maneesh answered amicably and comprehensively.
Mr. D A Jayakumar, Associate Vice President – Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. interacting with IBA students
Date: 24th June 2016
The students of IBA were enlightened by Mr. D A Jayakumar, Associate Vice President – Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. who took a session to empower them with knowledge about “FMCG and the Food & Beverages Industry”.
Mr. Jayakumar‘s discussion with students included important topics like:
- Industrial Relations, Negotiating with labour unions and relevant Labour laws
- The philosophy behind Coca-Cola’s work culture and Market strategy
- Policies which are practiced in order to retain and enhance brand value
- Approach towards different regional markets and consumers in India
- Thought process and initiatives by Coca-Cola as part of their Social responsibility
Towards the end, Mr. Jayakumar advised students to focus on Career and not just Job, because a focus on the former gives the necessary momentum to one’s professional growth and brings the best out of us. In the end, it was clearly visible from the sparkling faces of students that their thirst for knowledge was truly quenched with this session.
Mr. Krishna Singh, Business Segment Manager – Kuehne Nagel in an interactive session with IBA students
Date: 18th June 2016
The students of IBA got the opportunity of interacting with Mr. Krishna Singh, Business Segment Manager – Kuehne Nagel who came down and took a session titled “Career Advice for future Managers”.
Mr. Krishna discussed the session around few important tips to students for future career:
- Don’t just plan, take action too
- Always believe in your capabilities
- Surviving on your own is difficult, have friends, keep networking
- Do not give up, keep fighting
- Keep learning, always keep growing
- Set a goal, work hard to achieve it and don’t lose focus until you accomplish it
Towards the end, there was a Q & A session, during which students asked their doubts regarding specialization choices, job profile specifications, logistics & supply chain discipline, etc. In the end, the session was truly inspirational and motivational for the students as they described it themselves.